What is a Running Gait Analysis?
A detailed evaluation of an individual’s running mechanics. At Foothills Physical Therapy we record you while running on a treadmill at different angles. We review the footage in slow motion with a movement assessment app called Dartfish that lets us see in detail the aspects of your running gait in each stage of the gait cycle. After this part of the exam we perform a detailed functional/musculoskeletal exam teasing out any impairments you might have that could lead to abnormal running mechanics and/or injury.
Who could benefit from a Running Gait Analysis?
- Anyone with a current injury or pain with running, or history of chronic pain or injury with running. A detailed analysis of mechanics and assessing any mobility or strength deficits you might have could help you relieve your pain with running and get you back to the sport you enjoy!
- Anyone new to the sport of running. Getting off on the right foot with a good assessment of both your running mechanics and functional measures like movement patters and strength when starting ga running program can help prevent future injury or pain.
- Anyone looking to improve performance. Examining the details of your running mechanics or identifying mobility issues or strength deficits can help improve efficiency and even help improve speed.
What happens after my Running Gait Analysis?
After your running analysis you will work with the PT who performed your assessment and figure out a detailed program that will help you run pain free and with increased efficiency. The program will be tailored to your individual needs as a runner based on the findings from your evaluation.
Call our Boise, 10 Mile, or Overland location to schedule your running gait analysis with one of our providers.
- Danielle Melton, DPT, Certif. DN
- Kiley Holmes PT, DPT, OCS, SCS, FAAOMP